neděle 8. září 2019

KALI performance

Sokol gym in Karlin, Prague, Czech Republic, 2019
Part of Festival of Naked Forms, 2019, the topic of year: Pain

For 30 minutes I was hanging on to the rings in the gym. This physical deprivation made me so busy that I was not able of "normal" thinking.  I was forced to concentrate fully on my physical activity. At the same time, my body was in tense and twitch as it was looking for little relief. To be sure that even that even in my face would not appear any  "faked", "untrue", I concentrated my gaze on the void in front of me and tried to keep my tongue hanging freely from my mouth. The atmosphere of the event itself was further complemented by the site-specific of the gym itslelf.  The niche with the rings made almost impression of an altar, and audiences heard an audio record of aerobic training pushing to maximum excercie mixed with the Indian mantra, a prayer to Kali for calming the spirit. Throughout the performance, the assistant served to audience a shot of schnnaps in which was dropped a pin.  After they drunk the schnapps, she jabed the pn into their left heel - an acupuncture point of spiritual power (Achilles' heel) - and tried to knock the viewer to the ground. Interesting was also the conclusion of the performance. After I dropped myself from the circles to the ground, I was so physically exhausted that I just respired, completely appalled and out of the "normal" state of mind. Feeling in the body could be compared to orgasm ecstasy bliss.  I was unable to move for a few minutes. It was interesting for me to have an experience during performance working withthe  tension: the constant effort to relax and keep myself in maximum strain at the same time.


















Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat